In past articles we have presented a whole pile of information related to doing those things that can help make your life better and in general, more enjoyable. OK, so there are a bunch of silly things scattered indiscriminately throughout the server too, but that’s a different story. I think it has something to do with my addiction to coffee but I’m not really sure about that.
In an attempt to simplify these self-help (or self improvement, personal growth, whatever you want to call it…) concepts that I – and a whole gob of other people and organizations – have been bombarding you with, here are five basic principles that have worked well for me.
1. Learn to think differently: We are who we are and do what we do because of how we think about stuff. Because of our experiences and life influences so far, our minds have learned to respond – or react – to situations and events in a set way. To change our life, we need to change the way we think about these things. We need to change our perspective of life.
This principle is the foundation for every – I repeat… every – valid self-help program or concept that has ever existed. Once we accept that as being true, we can start working on the details.
2. Adopt a positive approach to life: Positive thoughts, attitudes and inputs (from any source including the people we spend time with) will influence our life in a positive way. Our positive thoughts and words about events, other people and especially ourselves will accelerate our transition to a better life. Positives help produce more positives. It’s just the way it works.
3. Look for life’s lessons: We all have a lot to learn about ourselves, other people and the world we live in. Life will, without fail, provide us with the opportunity to learn – especially from the uncomfortable events or situations. It just makes sense to pay attention to the things that are happening to us and learn from them as quickly as possible so we can move on to the next (and perhaps, easier) lesson.
4. Ask questions: In a positive way, question the concepts, principles and “truths” that are prompting you to think, believe - and as a result, act - in the way you do. Commonly, at least some of the information we have received in our lifetime tends to be misleading and therefore, inhibits our ability to do those things we need to do to move on toward a better, more enjoyable lifestyle. Be open even to answers that vary considerably from your present viewpoint. They may hold a key “truth” that will open the doors to a whole new world.
5. Get spiritually connected: Tune in to whomever or whatever you believe is your spiritual teacher or mentor. Listen. Learn to follow your “gut feelings”. I am convinced that we are all a part of something far greater than this physical world we experience every day. And, from what I have seen and experienced, allowing this spiritual realm to play a greater role in our lives helps immensely with our transition to a happier, more enjoyable life.
There truly is a better world awaiting all of us…
NuPathz.com – Your affordable source for self improvement and self help books & materials
Illuminating the path for personal motivation, growth and development
SUCCESS = TAKING THE STEPS TO DO THE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO!